Our Community Education activities are focused on providing information to older people (and their families) living in residential aged care and those accessing home-based aged care services. Topics include:
- Rights and responsibilities
- Tips for self-advocacy
We also provide education sessions for general community audiences with an interest in learning how the aged care system works, including older people not yet involved with the aged care service system but who may be considering their access to services in future years.
We can cover a wide range of topics. If you and your group have a particular topic in mind, please feel free to suggest it to us. We can usually accommodate all requests.
We run these sessions within aged care facilities and various community settings throughout all areas of Victoria.
All sessions for an older person/family/community audience are free of charge.
To discuss options for booking a community education session for your service/group,
- call us on freecall 1800 700 600 from anywhere in Victoria or (03) 9602 3066.
- email your request to email@example.com
- complete the Community Education Booking Form on our website.
Service Provider Fee-For-Service Education
We also run fee-for-service education for aged care service providers on topics such as:
- The new aged care standards: A positive opportunity for services
- Balancing rights and risks in aged care
- Complaints handling
- Elder abuse prevention and response
- Chemical and physical restraint
- Compulsory reporting
These sessions can be tailored to different levels of management or direct service workers, or an organisational wide audience. We welcome enquiries from services about these sessions. See contact details above.