Who is ERA’s service for?
For any person in Victoria who:
- lives in a high or low-care aged care facility, formerly know as nursing homes and hostels;
- is being assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Service;
- may have to move into an aged care facility if Community Care services cannot support them in their own home.
How can ERA assist you?
- provide you with information, support and advice, regarding rights and responsibilities;
- encourage and support action by individual people or groups (or their representatives) including making approaches to management with issues or problems;
- assist with complaints;
- assist with development of or support residents’ committees;
- provide information and education to staff and management;
- consult on policies to enhance consumer rights;
- promote community awareness of the rights of older people.
You will find more useful information in our fact sheets, including