Residential care

Who is ERA’s service for?

For any person in Victoria who:

  • lives in a high or low-care aged care facility, formerly know as nursing homes and hostels;
  • is being assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Service;
  • may have to move into an aged care facility if Community Care services cannot support them in their own home.

How can ERA assist you?

We can:

  • provide you with information, support and advice, regarding rights and responsibilities;
  • encourage and support action by individual people or groups (or their representatives) including making approaches to management with issues or problems;
  • assist with complaints;
  • assist with development of or support residents’ committees;
  • provide information and education to staff and management;
  • consult on policies to enhance consumer rights;
  • promote community awareness of the rights of older people.

Further information

You will find more useful information in our fact sheets, including