Who is ERA’s service for?
For any person in Victoria who:
- has applied for or receives a Commonwealth funded Home Care Package
- is being assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Service.
What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package is a package of care services that is delivered to you in your home. To access this service you must first be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). To request an assessment contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit their website for more information. See our links page for website details.
Services could include:
- assistance with your meals, dressing, washing and laundry;
- assistance with maintaining your health;
- some maintenance/gardening services;
- temporary respite care; or
- social activities.
It is important to know that the services are very flexible and can change as your needs change. All Home Care Packages must now be offered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis offering you more options to choose your care services.
How can ERA assist you?
- help you to enforce your rights;
- explain the services provided;
- negotiate with service provider about something you are unhappy about;
- provide information and education to staff and management;
- consult on policies to enhance consumer rights;
- promote community awareness of the rights of older people.
You will find more useful information about your rights in the following links