We are are a member of the national Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN), a network of state/territory organisations delivering the information, advocacy and community education services of the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP), an Australian Government initiative.
The organisations in each state/territory providing these services are referred to as Service Delivery Organisations (SDOs). See list below.
Our 1800 700 600 freecall number is national and will be directed to the OPAN SDO where the call is made from. Therefore, for example, if you were calling us using the 1800 number from South Australia about a relative who lives in Victoria, your call would automatically go to the Aged Care Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) in South Australia rather than us. In these circumstances, you can use our alternative Victorian number (03) 9602 3066 to contact us directly.
OPAN SDOs and their direct contact details are:
- New South Wales: Seniors Rights Services (SRS) – 1800 424 079 seniorsrightsservice.org.au
- Queensland: Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia (ADA Australia) – 07 3637 6000 – adaaustralia.com.au
- Western Australia: Advocare – (08) 9479 7566 advocare.org.au
- South Australia: ARAS Aged Rights Advocacy Service – 08 8232 5377 sa.agedrights.asn.au
- Tasmania: Advocacy Tasmania – (03) 6224 2240 advocacytasmania.org.au
- Australian Capital Territory: ADACAS – (02) 6242 5060 adacas.org.au
- Northern Territory, Central Australia: Catholic Care NT – (08) 8944 2000 catholiccarent.org.au
- Northern Territory, Top End: Aged and Disability Advocacy Service – (08) 8982 1111 dcls.org.au
- Victoria: Elder Rights Advocacy – (03) 9602 3066 era.asn.au